Hay Springs Public School is accepting applications for the following positions:
Hay Springs Public School is a Class D school which successfully operates on a four-day academic week Monday through Thursday. If you have an interest in any of these positions please contact either Mr. Clear or Mr. Hagge at the following:
George Clear, Superintendent
Or Mark Hagge, Principal
Hay Springs Public School
P O Box 280
407 N Baker St
Hay Springs, Nebraska 69347
Hay Springs Public School District is an equal opportunity employer.
It’s that time of year again when we begin to look forward to upcoming activities for the 2022-2023 school year! The start of fall practice for high school will begin on Monday, August 8th. Parents and any students planning on participating in junior high or high school activities need to attend the meeting on Monday, August 1st, in the school cafeteria at 6:00. All necessary paperwork for participating students will be available at the meeting. Paperwork must be completed and fees paid before students may attend practice.
Link to Cross Country and Football shirts. This is not a fundraiser. This is open now to order and will close on August 1st at midnight. Should be delivered around the first week of September.
Link to Hay Springs Fall Apparel. This store is also open now to order and will close August 4th.
With two stores to choose from you should be able to find the clothes you need!
ATTENTION! It’s that time of year to redo the floor in Lister-Sage. The WHOLE facility will be closed July 21st – July 27th. The weight room will reopen on July 28th. The floor will be OFF LIMITS until August 8th. Thank you for your cooperation!
Hay Springs High School students spent the first week in June touring the sights in our nation’s capital. The trip was a great success!
Hay Springs School: 2022-23 School Lunch
According to the Nebraska Child Nutrition Program, school meals will NO longer be provided free of charge for the upcoming school year. Free and reduced meal applications will be mailed in mid-July. Be on the lookout for these forms. Please fill out and return even if you do not qualify. Completed forms are needed to help with State Aid and Federal Funds that help to fund and support our district. Any questions, please call 308-638-4434.
Hay Springs Public School Class Supply List for the 2022-2023 School Year
Pre-K AM & PM
- 1 regular backpack, labeled with student’s name
- Extra change of clothing (labeled)
- 1-75 count container of Clorox Wipes
- 1 composition notebook (labeled)
Kindergarten, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, & 5th Grade
- $25 – paid to Hay Springs Public Schools; due on the first day school
- Backpack, labeled with student’s name
- Water Bottle that closes (labeled)
- Gym shoes with non-marking soles (labeled)
- 1 box of Kleenex (do not label)
- 1 – 75 count container of Clorox Wipes (do not label)
- Kindergarten Only – Extra set of clothing (labeled)
- 1st through 5th Grade – Ear buds or headphones (labeled)
Pre-K & Elementary Notice
- Label all supplies (except those marked as do not label) with student’s name in permanent marker.
- Send supplies on the first day of school.
- Please do not purchase items unless indicated.
- 25$ owed to Hay Springs School due the first day of school for supplies.
- 2 – 2” 3 ring binder
- Pens (red, black, blue)
- 2 ~ Notebook
- 2 ~ Graph Paper notebook
- Simple Calculator
- Highlighters (blue, green, yellow, pink)
- 2 ~ 3×5 packs of note cards
- Glue stick
- Physical education classes require gym shoes, gym clothes, and gym bag
- Calculator (T1-83)
- Lined Notebooks
- Graph Paper notebook
- Binder (2” or larger) 3 ring
- Markers (8 count think or thin)
- Markers (Black extra fine sharpie)
- Geometry – Bound book of notecards
- Physical Education Classes – gym shoes, gym clothes, and gym bag
The July Sheridan County Newsletter is here! Read it below or for a larger version, follow this link: https://www.smore.com/y6br1
Hay Springs School: 2022-23 School Lunch – According to the Nebraska Child Nutrition Program, school meals will NO longer be provided free of charge for the upcoming school year. Free and reduced meal applications will be mailed in mid-July. Be on the lookout for these forms. Please fill out and return even if you do not qualify. Completed forms are needed to help with State Aid and Federal Funds that help to fund and support our district. Any questions, please call 308-638-4434.
It was a long trip down to Burke but it was worth it to watch these four boys compete. Dylan and Gage ran in the 110 Hurdles. Dusty ran in the 3200 meter. Wes in the 1600. Wes took home a 4th place medal! They all ran hard and made us proud.