The Parent Institute Newsletters
As part of the Continuing Improvement Program at Hay Springs Public Schools, we not only measure the academic success of our students, but also the quality of relationships with parents, staff, and community members. To measure the perceptions of our school, the committee has prepared a survey specifically for each target group. Your participation in this survey will help us focus our efforts on improving the learning experience for our students, the working environment for our teachers and staff, and our relationships with parents and community members. Thank
you for taking the time to help Hay Springs Public Schools continue to empower students to achieve lifelong success for years to come.
It’s that time of year again when we begin to look forward to upcoming activities for the 2022-2023 school year! The start of fall practice for high school will begin on Monday, August 8th. Parents and any students planning on participating in junior high or high school activities need to attend the meeting on Monday, August 1st, in the school cafeteria at 6:00. All necessary paperwork for participating students will be available at the meeting. Paperwork must be completed and fees paid before students may attend practice.
Please have Kindergarten and new student registration turned into the office by Aug 1st. Thank you!
ATTENTION! It’s that time of year to redo the floor in Lister-Sage. The WHOLE facility will be closed July 21st – July 27th. The weight room will reopen on July 28th. The floor will be OFF LIMITS until August 8th. Thank you for your cooperation!
According to the Nebraska Child Nutrition Program, school meals will NO longer be provided free of charge for the upcoming school year. Free and reduced meal applications will be mailed in mid-July. Be on the lookout for these forms. Please fill out and return even if you do not qualify. Completed forms are needed to help with State Aid and Federal Funds that help to fund and support our district. Any questions, please call 308-638-4434.
Hay Springs Public School Class Supply List for the 2022-2023 School Year
Pre-K AM & PM
- 1 regular backpack, labeled with student’s name
- Extra change of clothing (labeled)
- 1-75 count container of Clorox Wipes
- 1 composition notebook (labeled)
Kindergarten, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, & 5th Grade
- $25 – paid to Hay Springs Public Schools; due on the first day school
- Backpack, labeled with student’s name
- Water Bottle that closes (labeled)
- Gym shoes with non-marking soles (labeled)
- 1 box of Kleenex (do not label)
- 1 – 75 count container of Clorox Wipes (do not label)
- Kindergarten Only – Extra set of clothing (labeled)
- 1st through 5th Grade – Ear buds or headphones (labeled)
Pre-K & Elementary Notice
- Label all supplies (except those marked as do not label) with student’s name in permanent marker.
- Send supplies on the first day of school.
- Please do not purchase items unless indicated.
- 25$ owed to Hay Springs School due the first day of school for supplies.
- 2 – 2” 3 ring binder
- Pens (red, black, blue)
- 2 ~ Notebook
- 2 ~ Graph Paper notebook
- Simple Calculator
- Highlighters (blue, green, yellow, pink)
- 2 ~ 3×5 packs of note cards
- Glue stick
- Physical education classes require gym shoes, gym clothes, and gym bag
- Calculator (T1-83)
- Lined Notebooks
- Graph Paper notebook
- Binder (2” or larger) 3 ring
- Markers (8 count think or thin)
- Markers (Black extra fine sharpie)
- Geometry – Bound book of notecards
- Physical Education Classes – gym shoes, gym clothes, and gym bag
Hay Springs School: 2022-23 School Lunch – According to the Nebraska Child Nutrition Program, school meals will NO longer be provided free of charge for the upcoming school year. Free and reduced meal applications will be mailed in mid-July. Be on the lookout for these forms. Please fill out and return even if you do not qualify. Completed forms are needed to help with State Aid and Federal Funds that help to fund and support our district. Any questions, please call 308-638-4434.
We are happy to announce that we will be streaming the 2022 Hay Springs Graduation Ceremony on Saturday, May 14th at 2:00 PM. Please click the “NFHS Network Watch Live” button on our website(https://www.hshawks.com) or simply click the link below:
The Hay Springs Public School Talent Show is quickly approaching and as a member of the public, you too can sign up and help celebrate each other’s unique talents! Here is a link to the form if you are interested, or just contact the school: