Newsletters are now available at Sacker’s, Security First Bank, Pioneer Manor and the Post Office and also available electronically on the website.
Hay Springs Community Recreation
Youth Tackle Football Sign-ups
We are excited to announce that through generous donations from the Dorothy Anderson Memorial and the
City of Hay Springs we will have Hay Springs Youth Tackle Football Teams competing in the Chadron league this fall with new equipment.
Boys and Girls Entering 3rd thru 6th Grade
Practice Held in Hay Springs
Games to be held at home and away
Season will last from Late August to mid October
Registration Fee $60
Equipment Deposit $150
(Fee Scholarships available if needed)
Two Sign-up Dates
Wednesday, August 12th
Security First Bank
Monday, August 17th
Security First Bank
If you cannot attend either of these sign-up dates please contact Jim at (308) 320-4445
There is a Junior High volleyball camp on Friday July 31st in Lister from 1-4 pm. Cost of camp is $5 to help offset the cost of JH VB warm-ups.
There will be a quick high school volleyball meeting TONIGHT in Lister at 7:00pm.
Preschool AM & PM
- 1 regular backpack, labeled with student’s name
- Gym Shoes with non marking soles (labeled)
- Extra change of clothing (labeled)
- 1 large box of Kleenex (do not label)
Kindergarten – 5th Grade
- $20 – teacher will purchase school supplies (due the first day of school)
- Backpack, labeled with student’s name
- Gym shoes with non marking soles (labeled)
- 3 boxes of Kleenex (do not label)
- 3rd – 5th Grade only – deodorant (label)
Preschool & Elementary notice
- Label all supplies (except those marked as do not label) with student’s name in permanent marker.
- Send supplies in on the first day of school.
- Please do not purchase items unless indicated.
- 2- 2” 3 ring binder
- Pens (red, black, blue)
- 2~ Notebook
- 2~ Graph Paper notebook
- Simple Calculator
- Highlighters (blue, green, yellow, pink)
- 2~ 3×5 packs of note cards
- Colored pencils
- Glue stick
- Physical education classes require gym shoes, gym clothes, and gym bag
- Calculator (T1-83)
- Graph Paper notebook
- Binder (2” or larger) 3 ring
- Package of loose leaf lined paper
- Markers (8 count think or thin)
- Markers (Black extra fine sharpie)
- Glue stick
- Physical Education Classes – gym shoes, gym clothes, and gym bag
- Art classes – Scissors, Sketch pad (12×18)
$5 Concussion Testing is slated for Wednesday, July 29th at 7:00 pm in the 2nd floor computer lab. If you are entering 6th grade or are in 7th-12th grade and have not had it done for a couple years,please make sure you show up. The state of Nebraska requires students who plan on participating in sports to a have concussion testing done. Any questions please contact the school or call Linda Kudrna at 308-430-0033.
The Hip Hop will be printing and publishing the school’s sports poster again this year. There is a company calling around to different businesses trying to get money for advertising, please do not talk to them the school has not gave them a consent to do so, thank you.
Hay Springs Public Schools is accepting applications for part-time custodian, part-time bus route driver, and substitutes in all areas. Please go to the following link for more information and an application: http://business.hshawks.com/news-events/job-opportunities/.
TODAY AT 11:30 A.M., IN THE CAFETERIA PIT, THE THEATRE CAMP WILL BE PRESENTING “12 ANGRY PIGS”. CHILDREN FROM GRADES 3-8 ATTENDED CAMP THIS WEEK.
CHRIS WELLS SATELLITE VOLLEYBALL CAMP IN CONJUNCTION WITH HAY SPRINGS SCHOOLS
COST – $50/CAMPER FOR THREE DAYS
9:00 AM – 12:00 PM
1:00 PM – 4:00 PM
DATES – JULY 19-21, 2015
GRADES – 6-12
REGISTRATION FORMS ARE LOCATED IN THE OFFICE OR BY CONTACTING LINDA KUDRNA OR ADRIENE KELLY
PARENT’S NEED TO SIGN RELEASE BEFORE ATTENDING CAMP
STOP IN AND GET ONE TODAY!!