The Parent Institute Newsletters
Hay Springs Public School Class Supply List for the 2022-2023 School Year
Pre-K AM & PM
- 1 regular backpack, labeled with student’s name
- Extra change of clothing (labeled)
- 1-75 count container of Clorox Wipes
- 1 composition notebook (labeled)
Kindergarten, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, & 5th Grade
- $25 – paid to Hay Springs Public Schools; due on the first day school
- Backpack, labeled with student’s name
- Water Bottle that closes (labeled)
- Gym shoes with non-marking soles (labeled)
- 1 box of Kleenex (do not label)
- 1 – 75 count container of Clorox Wipes (do not label)
- Kindergarten Only – Extra set of clothing (labeled)
- 1st through 5th Grade – Ear buds or headphones (labeled)
Pre-K & Elementary Notice
- Label all supplies (except those marked as do not label) with student’s name in permanent marker.
- Send supplies on the first day of school.
- Please do not purchase items unless indicated.
- 25$ owed to Hay Springs School due the first day of school for supplies.
- 2 – 2” 3 ring binder
- Pens (red, black, blue)
- 2 ~ Notebook
- 2 ~ Graph Paper notebook
- Simple Calculator
- Highlighters (blue, green, yellow, pink)
- 2 ~ 3×5 packs of note cards
- Glue stick
- Physical education classes require gym shoes, gym clothes, and gym bag
- Calculator (T1-83)
- Lined Notebooks
- Graph Paper notebook
- Binder (2” or larger) 3 ring
- Markers (8 count think or thin)
- Markers (Black extra fine sharpie)
- Geometry – Bound book of notecards
- Physical Education Classes – gym shoes, gym clothes, and gym bag
This week, April 2-8, is the Week of the Young Child. The Week of the Young Child is an annual celebration sponsored by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC), the world’s largest early childhood education association, with nearly 60,000 members and a network of 52 Affiliates. The purpose of the Week of the Young Child is to focus public attention on the needs of young children and their families and to recognize the early childhood programs and services that meet those needs. NAEYC first established the Week of the Young Child in 1971, recognizing that the early childhood years (birth through age 8) lay the foundation for children’s success in school and later life. The Week of the Young Child is a time to plan how we—as citizens of a community, of a state, and of a nation—will better meet the needs of all young children and their families. Please watch for more information and pictures as our preschool classroom celebrates this week with Music Monday, Tasty Tuesday, Work Together Wednesday, Artsy Thursday, and Family Friday.
The Hay Springs Public School PK-5th grades enjoyed a Ground Hog Day celebration this morning…or rather a “Hound Dog Day” celebration…with a special visitor! After learning about the weather outlook for the next 6 weeks, the kids had some yummy treats before returning to their room. A huge thank you to Mrs. Weyers for organizing this warm and wonderful event on such a cold day!
Our Early Childhood Program is now enrolling for the 2022-2023 school year.
- Accepting enrollment for children ages 3-5 (must be 3 by end of July)
- Licensed with the State of Nebraska
- Play based program with Creative Curriculum
- Nutritious meals through school food program
Call 308-638-4434 for more information or to set up a visit!
Hay Springs Public School’s Early Childhood Program has openings in both the morning (8-12) and afternoon (12-4) preschool classes. Incoming preschool students must be 3 by the end of July. We are excited to start a new school year and will be having a preschool open house on Wednesday, August 11th during our Back to School Night, 4:30-6:30. Please contact the school with any questions, to get more information, or to register your student for the upcoming school year.