It’s an exciting time at Hay Springs Public Schools. Congratulations to the Lady Hawks Volleyball team and the Hawks football team. Listed below is the dismissal and game information
The Lady Hawks will be playing the first sub-district match against Sioux County at 4:00 pm., at Chadron Middle school gym, on Tuesday, November 5th. We are pleased that, because of the location, many of our students, staff, and fans will be able to attend. GO LADY HAWKS!!
Please note the following:
- School will be dismissed at 3:00 pm on Tuesday, November 5, for all studnets PK-12.
- No after school programs for the HS
- School buses will run at 3:15pm
- Pep rally will begin at 2:00 pm Tuesday at Lister – Sage ( Students will return to class for dismisal.)
With the win last Thursday the Hawk football team will head to Wallace, NE, to take on the Wildcats in Round 2 of the state playoffs. The game is scheduled for 2pm(CT), 1pm(MT) Wednesday, November 6th in Wallace. GO HAWKS!!
Please note the following:
- No school on Wednesday, November 6th, 2013
- Pep rally will begin at 2:00 pm Tuesday at Lister-Sage (Students will return to class for dismissal)
- Football team will leave at 5:30 am, Wednesday, November 6th
Sit in your car and enjoy the game in comfort (Your WARM car).
The 7th– 8th Graders are raffling off two parking spaces for the October 31 play-off football game against Leyton @ 4:00 P.M.
Includes 2 drinks and 2 popcorns. Does NOT include admission.
Drawing to be held October 31 @ the pep-rally.
Contact any 7th or 8th grader for tickets.
Questions call or text:
Jodie Garrett 308-360-0990
Due to the icy road conditions, Hay Springs Public School will have a two-hour late start today, Tuesday, October 29th, 2013. Stay tuned for further announcements.
Football Playoff Game
Congratulations to the Hawks football team. With the win this weekend we have made the first playoff game. We will be hosting Leyton in Hay Springs! GO HAWKS!
Please note the following information:
1) Game time will be at 4:00 pm
2) School will be dismissed at 3:00 pm for all students
3) There will be no ASP for any grade level
4) School buses will run at 3:10 pm
5) There will no second/late bus for activities
6) Pep rally will be on Thursday, Oct 31st at 1pm on Mainstreet.
7) State t-shirts, hoodies, etc., must be ordered today, Monday, by 3:00 pm.
1) Everyone pays. Because this is a playoff game our local passes do not cover admission. This includes, staff, school board members, flag girls, etc.
2) Admission is $7 adults, $5 K-12 students. College students pay adult prices.
3) Elementary students need to sit with an adult. They will not be allowed to run in and out of the game. If a student leaves they must pay to be re-admitted.
4) Middle level students must sit in the stands with friends or an adult. If a student leaves they must pay to be re-admitted.
If you have questions or need additional information contact the school at 308-638-4434.
COME SUPPORT THE HAWKS!!!!!!
Time will be decided on Monday.
State t-shirts have been ordered. If you would like one please stop and place an order at the school no later than 2pm Monday, October 28th.
When: Friday, October 18th, 2013 in Lister-Sage
Session1: Grades 3-6 Boys and Girls
Time: 9:00 – 11:00 am
Cost: $20 per camper
Coach: Linda Kudrna
For more information please call Linda Kudrna at (308) 430-0033
Because of makeup volleyball games in Gordon/Rushville we have moved the Bonfire to Tuesday night after the blind volleyball. Events on Tuesday 10/15 will include:
- Senior Hot Dog Feed in Lister or after practices are over
- Blind Volleyball – 6:30 pm. Class vs. Class
- 7:30 pm – Bonfire at north end of school property
Come out and join the fun!
Monday, 10/14 – 80’s Day, Coronation at 3:30 pm in Lister, 5:30 pm JH VB @ home vs. Hemingford, 6:30 pm HS VB in Gordon/Rushville.
Tuesday, 10/15 – Opposite Sex Day, JH VB and FB in Cody 4:30 MT time, 6:00 pm Senior Hot Dog Feed in Lister, 6:30 pm Blind Volleyball in Lister, 7:00 pm Bonfire
Wednesday, 10/16 – Redneck/Western Day
Thursday, 10/17 – Homecoming and Parent’s Night, Hat and Jersey Day, 1:00 pm – Pep Rally downtown (students will return to class after the pep rally), 3:30 pm JV & V Volleyball v. Crawford (parents need to be in gym for volleyball parents night no later than 4:00), 7:00 pm FB v. Crawford (parents need to be in the stands no later than 6:30pm)
We encourage the Elementary to dress up as well!!
7:30 -11 pm – ML Homecoming Dance
8:00 pm – 12:00 am – HS Homecoming Dance
This is the only time we could make it up, so… Homecoming changes on Monday will be taking place also. The Bonfire that was scheduled for Monday, 10/14 will now be on Tues. 10/15 after Blind Volleyball. Fingers crossed there will be no more changes. 🙂