Announcements – May 21st – May 24th, 2018
- The following students owe for reeds:
- Owing for basketball shooting shirts: Jace $33, Erin Kadlecek $20 for basketball reversible.
- Reminder all dues and fines need paid before you will be checked out of school.
- Farm camp applications are due to Mrs. Marx by today.
- Excellence in Teaching Award program is TODAY, in the Old Auditorium at 3:30pm.
- This year the Journalism class has been using the Treering program to build the yearbook. To purchase a yearbook, buyers must go to www.treering.com, there they are given two pages in which they create and personlize themselves, we are adding a night to help those interested in ordering. Yearbook Night is Tomorrow, May 22nd from 5-7pm in Mrs. Shimek’s room. Yearbook staff will be on hand to assest parents and students in creating their pages and ordering thier personalized yearbooks. Please be sure to have the photos you want to have on you 2 personalized pagis in digital format, on a CD, SD card etc. Photos must be in jpeg format and sized at 300 dpi. If you wish to order on your own contact Mrs. Shimek to the code to personalize your book. (email@example.com)
- Preschool Ice Cream Social is Tomorrow, May 22nd from 5-7 on the playground.
- No after school snacks will be served on Wednesday, May 23 and Thursday, May 24th
- Elementary awards are Wednesday, May 23rd at 2pm in the Old Auditorium.
- Driver’s Education Class will be held at the Chadron High School May 29th – June 1st. Registration deadline is two weeks prior to the course start date. For more information stop by the office Nebraska
Extension Programs for teens:
- Summer Job Opportunity – 4H Teens for Teachers: Work 50-200 hours for $10/hr. Must be 16 years or older. Program begins June 1 thru August 15. Youth will teach other youth a 6 lesson series core program. The participants will help with County Fair, and a focus group with staff and teens at the end of summer to document the lessons learned. The teens will also be required to make a video to celebrate their accomplishments. The participants must be available to go to Lincoln for a face-to-face training, transportation will be provided.
- Tractor Safety Course in 12 Nebraska locations – Any 14 – 15 year old, who works on a farm or ranch owned by someone other that parents or guardians, is required by law to have certification through a class such as this. Flier is available online at kearney.unl.edu
- ATV Aware – This program teaches all-terrain vehicle laws and best behaviors in a fun, innovative way. This is available for events or classes in your school or community.
Monday, May 21st
7:30 am – Brkfst – Pancake on a Stick
Lunch – A. Chicken Patty B. BBQ Pork C. Fried Chicken
3:30 pm – Excellence in Teaching Award program in the Old Auditorium
Tuesday, May 22nd
7:30 am – Brkfst – Sausage Biscuit
Lunch – A. Hamburgers B. Hot Dogs
5:00 – 7:00 pm – Yearbook Night in Mrs. Shimek’s room
5:00 – 7:00 pm – Preschool Ice Cream Social on playground
Wednesday, May 23rd
7:30 am – Brkfst – Breakfast Burrito
Lunch – A. Corn Dogs B. Salisbury Steak
2:00 pm – Elementary Awards in the Old Auditorium
Thursday, May 24th
Quarter 4 Ends – LAST DAY OF SCHOOL
7:30 am – Brkfst – Bacon/Eggs
Lunch – KG – 1st trip to park
Lunch – A. Cooks Choice
2:30 pm – Talent Show (Old Auditorium)